Friday, June 7, 2019

Fun Facts about Ecuador #1

Over the next few days I will post interesting facts about Ecuador. While it is fun learning about Ecuador, the other reason I am posting is because I’m experimenting with blogging directly from my telephone. It all goes well, I can eliminate the need to take my mini iPad on the trip and be able to pack lighter.

The Spanish translation of Equator is ECUADOR. Ecuador was named after the equator because the equator runs through Ecuador. Ecuador is the only country that is named after a geographical feature.


Source: 18 interesting facts about Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 Trip to Ecuador & Galápagos Islands

Exciting NEWS: We are planning a return trip to Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands for June/July 2022. We held our first parent/student inf...