Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Footwear & Clothing for Hiking

Columbia Sportswear - hiking shoe for women
If you did not purchase footwear for the hiking excursions in Ecuador yet, you may want to consider checking out the footwear at Columbia Sportswear Company.  There is an outlet store at Tanger Outlets in Lancaster,  (1500 Stanley K Tanger Blvd) which is across the highway from Dutch Wonderland.

I purchased the women's hiking shoe for $69.99 at the store last night. They passed this morning's test run on a 1.5 mile walk in the farm field lane with my dog; picking berries in my strawberry patch; chasing after my dog through the soybean field, across the road, and through the neighbor's freshly disced field (a glimpse into my eventful morning before school today). I give the hiking boots a two thumbs up.👍🏼👍🏼
Also, they are WATERPROOF!!!
Columbia Sportswear - hiking shoe for men

My husband needed shoes also and he purchased a men's hiking shoe for $49.99. The employee at Columbia said the shoe he purchased was the hiking shoe with the highest sales for the last few years.

They also had a good selection of lightweight jackets, lightweight long sleeve shirts, and lightweight pants for the jungle hikes if you want extra protection from bugs and mosquitoes. I know it sounds strange to wear long sleeves and pants in a hot climate, but they have a material that is called Omni-Shade, which deflects sunlight away from the body and is a breathable fabric. They have a huge selection of clothing with Omni-Shade. (see photo below for a full description). 


I plan on liberally spraying insect repellent to ward off mosquitos and other insects, along with wearing long sleeves and long pants on the hikes. If you attract mosquitos like I do, you may want to do the same.





Columbia Sportswear is currently having a Father's Day Sale in case you are considering checking out the store. I don't know if that sale also applies to buying products online. (btw - I do not have any affiliation with Columbia Sportswear 😊.)

I'm sure there are other stores that are closer that offer similar products but I wanted to let you know about Columbia's clothing and footwear in case you will be near Lancaster in the next week or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 Trip to Ecuador & Galápagos Islands

Exciting NEWS: We are planning a return trip to Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands for June/July 2022. We held our first parent/student inf...